Mercedes Benz South Africa (MBSA) is fully owned by the global marque, Daimler AG. Mercedes Benz South Africa supplies premium passenger cars and commercial vehicles. The company is unique in its scale of vehicle offering in South Africa and provides tailor-made mobility solutions for individual and fleet customers.
Mercedes Benz South Africa were using the world’s most pervasive BI tool – Microsoft Excel. All reporting was done through Excel and Powerpoint. By 2007, the Business Controlling division sought a more structured approach to hold all history, and set about fi nding a reliable solution. With a history for innovation and excellence, Mercedes Benz South Africa needed an approach that would help their business users, and fi t their process. As a forerunner in innovation and scalability, Jedox was the perfect match. After extensively validating Jedox, Mercedes Benz South Africa proved several benefits.
- Disparate reporting and forecasting processes on Excel spreadsheets that were slow, manual and held the risk of errors.
- Budgeting, forecasting for headcount and costs
- Monthly reporting on actuals
- Cost-center and cost-element reporting
- Valuable for making comparisons and forecasts
- Independently implement solution
- Secure, stable and structured