Jedox supports physical and virtual hardware configurations and operating systems to directly fit your standard operating environment. Server setup is straightforward and fast. Jedox supports clustered environments and cloud deployments.
In many organizations, a single server with the recommended hardware configuration provides highly scalable performance even with large data and users volumes. Download our technical whitepaper to learn how business users and IT benefit from our easy-to-scale, easy-to-integrate Jedox solution.
|Jedox Server Components Jedox OLAP Server, Jedox Web, Jedox Integrator (ETL) 1)|
|OS (alternatively)||MS Windows 2) Windows Server 2008 / Windows Server 2008 R2 / Windows Server 2012 / Windows Server 2012 R2/ Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 /||Linux 3) Kernel 2.6.32 or higher / Red Hat EL 6 / CentOS 6 or higher / SUSE LES 11 SP1 or higher / Debian 7 or higher|
|Browser 4) (alternatively)||Firefox 38+ / Internet Explorer 10+ / Google Chrome 42+ / Microsoft Edge /|
|JRE||JAVA Runtime Environment Version 8|
|Jedox Excel Add-In 1)|
|MS Excel 5) 32 and 64 bit versions||2007/2010/2013 6) 7)|
|Jedox SAP Connector|
|Connector||SAP Java Connector (JCo) Version 3.0 or higher 8)|
- For the components the latest version of all following Visual Studio runtime packages need to be installed: 2005, 2008, and 2010. Microsoft provides redistributable packages to download. More information: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259403.
- Windows Installer 3.1 or higher must be installed.
- For proper export to PDF files, on Linux the 32 bit versions of the following libraries have to be installed (even if the system itself is 64 bit: – GNU C library (glibc), – GNU Standard C++ library (libstdc++), – FreeType, – Fontconfig.
- Starting with Jedox Suite Version 3.3 there is displayed a message for unsupported browsers. Linux versions of the browsers are not officially supported.
- Jedox Excel Add-In needs .NET Framework (Client Profile) 4.1 or higher (if it does not exist, Jedox Setup asks for the permission to download and install .NET Framework).
- To see the Jedox menu in Excel 2007/2010/2013, you must first install the MS Office VBA components.
- The version „Microsoft Click to Run“ is not supported.
- SAP JCo is available from SAP AG Service Marketplace.
Important preliminary remarks: Overall, the performance depends on the size of the database and / or the complexity of the data model and the used rules. Furthermore, the number and the size of the Web Spreadsheets and Web Reports plays an important role for the performance. For these reasons, the following hardware recommendations are limited to the basic use of our software products. Please contact one of our experienced consultants to answer the question, if your desired data analysis corresponds to such a base use. If this is not the case, then normally the hardware requirements are significantly higher.
|minimum 1)||recommended 1)||comment|
|Jedox Excel Client|
|CPU||Core i3 (2 Cores)||Core i7 (4 Cores)||or higher|
|RAM||768 MB||4 GB||or higher|
|HD||1 GB||2 GB||or higher|
|Jedox OLAP Server|
|for 10 CC||CPU||Core i7 (4 Cores)||Core i7 (6 Cores)||or higher 2)|
|RAM||4 GB||8 GB||or more|
|HD||1 GB||40 GB||or more|
|for 50 CC||CPU||Core i7 (6 Cores)||2 x Intel Xeon (6 Cores)||or higher 2)|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB||or more 2)|
|for 100 CC||CPU||2 x Intel Xeon (6 Cores)||4 x Intel Xeon (6 Cores)||or higher 2)|
|RAM||16 GB||32 GB||or more 2)|
|for 500 CC||CPU||8 x Intel Xeon (6 Cores)||8 x Intel Xeon (10 Cores)||or higher 2)|
|RAM||32 GB||64 GB||or more 2)|
|Jedox GPU Accelerator|
|GPU||Minimum Tesla C2050/C2070||NVIDIA Tesla K40||Or more 2),4)|
|Jedox Web (Spreadsheet Server – Core and Apache Web Server)|
|for 10 CC||CPU||Core i7 (4 Cores)||Core i7 (6 Cores)||or higher 3)|
|RAM||2 GB||8 GB||or more 3)|
|HD||1 GB||40 GB||or more 3)|
|for 50 CC||CPU||Core i7 (6 Cores)||2 x Intel Xeon (6 Cores)||or higher 3)|
|RAM||8 GB||16 GB||or more 3)|
|for 100 CC||CPU||2 x Intel Xeon (6 Cores)||2 x Cluster nodes mit 2 x Intel Xeon (6 Cores)||or higher 3)|
|RAM||16 GB||32 GB||or more 3)|
|for 500 CC||CPU||8 x Intel Xeon (6 Cores)||4 x Cluster nodes mit 2 x Intel Xeon (6 Cores)||or higher 3)|
|RAM||32 GB||64 GB||or more 3)|
|Jedox Integrator (ETL Server, Tomcat Server)|
|CPU||Core i3 (2 Cores)||Intel Xeon (8 Cores)||or higher 2)|
|RAM||2 GB||4 GB||or more 2)|
|HD||2 GB||40 GB||or more 2)|
- CPU specifications are sample data, equivalent processors are also possible. Memory data mean free memory.
- Depending on the size of the database and/or complexity of data model and rules.
- Depending on the number and size of the Web Spreadsheets and Web Reports.
- „Compute Capability“ 2.0 or higher. (For more details see: https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus).
- The supervision server does not have exclusive hardware requirements.
- Jedox SAP Connector has the same hardware requirements as the Jedox Integrator (ETL).
- Our hardware recommendations cover the basic use of our software products.
- For larger applications, we recommend distributing the processes (OLAP, ETL, Web) across several machines (see Jedox Web Configuration in our setup guide).
- For implementations involving more than 500 CC users, we recommend prior consultation with one of our consultants.
- The Jedox OLAP Accelerator can utilize CUDA-capable NVIDIA graphics cards as massively parallel co-processors for speeding up OLAP aggregations, leading to significant performance improvements. For more information, please refer also to our “Jedox OLAP Accelerator Factsheet“.
- Jedox products also support virtual platforms, however performance degradation can occur. The difference in performance must be checked in each individual case, since this depends on the application and on the given virtual platform.